Prophetic ministry is one of the most controversial and confusing, yet one of the most crucial ministries in the body of Christ. In 1 Corinthians 14:1, the Apostle Paul told the Corinthian Christians to "...eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy." Prophecy is one of the seven primary motivational gifts listed in Romans 12; and one of the five ministry gifts listed in Ephesians 4. Since God began to highlight the prophetic gifts in the 1980s, many methods and models have emerged. Some of those are biblical, others are not.
In this book, Eddie and Alice draw from their personal experiences with the prophetic, as well as from what they've encountered in their worldwide ministry. They transparently share their journey, story after story, and pull no punches when it comes to identifying and examining problems that many are bringing into the prophetic arena.
* How does God speak today?
* How can we discern God's voice from other "inner voices"?
* What are we to do with a prophetic word we've been given?
* Are New Testament and Old Testament prophets the same?
* Is an unfulfilled prophetic word the sign of a false prophet?
* What's to be done with a person who prophesies incorrectly?
You will also find inspiring stories of successful prophetic ministry, and guidelines that will help you maintain "prophetic integrity" in the days ahead
Whether you are a believer who hungers for more, or a pastoral leader who must administrate prophetic ministry, you'll be blessed by these biblical, balanced guidelines.